What a person is entitled to receive, and how they should be treated, as a citizen. If they have a disability or mental health problem, are an older person or act as a carer for someone else, they have the right to have their needs assessed by their local authority. They have a right to a service or direct payment if their assessment puts them above the eligibility threshold. They have a right to be consulted about their assessment and about any changes in the services they receive.