The aim of this Adults Policies, Procedures and Practice (APPP) Resource is to better safeguard adults at risk of abuse throughout South Tyneside; and in using this APPP better encourage the continuous development of best practice.
The document is structured into the following sections and appendices:
- Section 1: Introduction and Context – sets out the shared vision, the legislative framework, the key national and local drivers and key concepts in safeguarding adults work.
- Section 2: Safeguarding Adult Procedures – sets out the processes to be followed when there are safeguarding concerns about an adult in the context of Making Safeguarding Personal.
- Section 3: Carers – details key issues to consider when working with carers of adults with care and support needs.
- Section 4: South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board – outlines key information in relation to the role of the STSAB and its partner agencies and staff who work with adults in the South Tyneside area.
- Section 5: Reviews – outlines the process to be followed when a Safeguarding Adult Review is being considered in relation to an adult, as well as large scale enquiries.
- Section 6: Mental Capacity and Mental Health – outlines key principles and processes including mental capacity and deprivation of liberty safeguards.
- Section 7: Local and National Frameworks – provides information about a range of supplementary issues related to safeguarding adults.
- Section 8: Working with Care and Support Providers – sets out how commissioners work with providers so that adults receive high quality, safe services. It details how good commissioning and effective contract monitoring can support providers to take early action to reduce risk and the need for adult safeguarding.
- Appendices – includes supplementary information.
See also Forms, Standard Letters and Leaflets for relevant forms.
See also Local Contacts for details of local teams and organisations.